setting up business in Hainan

Adrian

To the person in charge,

I am Mr Adrian from Singapore and would like to explore my interest in setting up catering business in Hainan. I would like to know the pre requisite and procedure on doing so.

I would be greatly appreciated if you could revert my query soonest.

Thank you.

With Regards,
Adrian
TropicalHainan
Site Admin

Hi Adrian, can you let us know if you have any particular requirements, the more you can tell us about your business needs the better we can answer your questions.

Could you please let me know:

1. Are you looking to set up a Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprise(WFOE)?
2. What is the intended business scope of your company?
3. We need information on intended shareholders: is it an existing company, or individual investors?
4. Do you have or intend to have an office in Hainan?

These questions will help us to provide you proper information and guidance for the next step.

Regards

Patrick
Adrian

Good Morning.

Let me answer the questions accordingly.

1. It will be a mixed ownership of Chinese National and myself.

2. My scope of business is to establish a trading company supplying food products to the F&B sector in Hainan vice versa to Singapore with Chinese products.

3. I have an existing company in Singapore and the shareholders for the company in Hainan will be similar.

4. Yes I would require an office and would start hiring once established.

Hope the informations suffice.

Thank you.

With Regards
Adrian
TropicalHainan
Site Admin

Hi Adrian, according to the information you have provided earlier, you are talking about registering a joint-venture, once all the required documents are ready, the estimated time for the registration is 14 days.

Registration process:

1. Name verification.

Documents and information required for "Name Verification":
Proposed company name in Chinese.
Proposed registered capital amount.
Business Scope.
Proposed business address.
Information on shareholders, capital contribution ratio as well as their identification documents.

For an individual investor scanned copy of a passport, for company investors, a business registration certificate that has been legalized by the Chinese Embassy/consulate has to be provided.

2. Company Incorporation.

Documents and information required for "Company Incorporation":
All the documents and information mentioned above.

Business address documentation.

Appointment of a company legal representative, executive director, general manager, company supervisor, finance/accounting manager.
For JV setting up a Board of Directors is required, at least 3 board members.
Company Articles of Association.
Please note that signatures of shareholders, legal representative, and board members will be required for the application documents.

Once all the documents are approved your company will be granted a business license.

3. Obtaining official company stamps.

4. Tax Registration.

Above I have outlined the most important info for your reference.

Since you are planning to set up a trading company additional import & export licensing will be required to conduct international trade operations.

Hope this helps

Patrick