Hello everyone

Dan Mason

Hey there everyone!

My name is Dan from the US. I've been thinking about the idea of opening a restaurant in Hainan, but I'm having a hard time finding the right information and resources to help me make an informed decision. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has any experience running a restaurant in Hainan? I'd love to pick your brains and ask some questions.

Is it difficult navigating the local business environment and regulations. Specifically, I'm curious about any permits or licenses I would need to obtain to operate a restaurant and what kind of paperwork, timeframe and investment would be required to get started? What are the typical costs associated with getting up and running.

I'm interested in hearing about anyone's experiences with language barriers. Have you had any issues with communication, what about finding and training staff who can speak English? Are there any resources or agencies that can help?

How big is the expat community in Hainan, and what is the attitude of locals towards western food?

Sorry for all the questions, but any info you can share would be super helpful. Thanks in advance, guys!
Jared

Hey Dan!

I just saw your post about setting up a restaurant.

I'm also doing some research on Hainan and hope to travel there in the near future. Let me know if you're interested in connecting, and we can exchange contact information.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best,
Jared
Dan Mason

Jared wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:03 am Hey Dan!

I just saw your post about setting up a restaurant.

I'm also doing some research on Hainan and hope to travel there in the near future. Let me know if you're interested in connecting, and we can exchange contact information.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best,
Jared
Hello Jared,

I have PMd you