1 post • Page 1 of 1
Applying for visa, work and residence permit for foreigners coming to work in Haikou, Hainan, China
Application process for foreigners coming to work in China
According to Article 41 of the Law of the People's Republic of China on Exit / Entry Administration, foreigners working in China shall obtain work permits and work-type residence certificates in accordance with regulations.
Foreigners coming to work in Haikou generally need to go through the following process steps and prepare the following required materials.
Steps before foreigners can enter China:
Once you have a job offer in place, your prospective employer will provide you with a job invitation letter and they will have to apply for a “Notice of Foreigner’s Work Permit in China”.
You will need to provide them with:
A copy of your passport (you must have 6 months remaining on a valid passport)
A copy of your authenticated* qualifications (*for teachers)
2 recent passport photos as per China Visa requirement
A clear Criminal Background Check certificate from your home country
1. Log in to the “Foreigners Working in China Management Service System” to apply for the “Notice of Foreigner’s Work Permit in China”, (this is usually carried out by your potential employer in Haikou or an agent).
2. After receiving a copy of the “Notice of Foreigner’s Work Permit in China”, from the agent / employer, apply for the “Z” visa (working visa) from the China embassy or consulate in your country.
3. Enter China / Hainan with a "Z" visa.
Steps for foreigners after entry:
1. Health check-up (health certificate)
2. Application for "Foreigner’s Work Permit in China" (work permit)
3. Work residence permit (Residence permit)
Online registration application by employer or agent
Where to submit and download relevant documents for work permit application.
To apply for the “Application form for work permit for foreigners in China” and “work permit for foreigners to work in China” log into the “management and service system for foreigners working in China” on htttp://fwp.safea.gov.cn
Log in with email@example.com to download required materials and templates (this step is carried out by your employer / agent, they will need to ask the FAO staff for the password).
For further information on applications and relevant documents required please see “guidelines for foreigners work permit service in China”
Documents required to submit online, (carried out by employer)
1. Registration form
2. Proof of legal registration
3. Identification of person in charge or manager
4. Industry license certification documents
5. The official seal of the employer (authorized personnel of Foreign Affairs Department should print the official seal authorisation certificate, and it then needs to be stamped and scanned into an electronic version and uploaded)
6. Authorization letter of the unit (with the official seal of the unit).
Click HERE to REGISTER