About this job:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Sales Department and supervision of all team activities and in the absence of the Director of Sales and Marketing, assume full responsibility for the department and its operations. To source, secure and maximize revenue opportunities from dedicated account portfolio and leverage all sales tools and programs for maximum conversion. The Director of Sales will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel's policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist in the development of year Business Plan for the hotel and then cascade this into a specific and measurable plan by segment and work with the DOSM to implement for the Sales team to execute.
* Organize regular sales trips to develop potential markets and to maintain key customer relationships.
* Manage and drive business for the key account base of the hotel, maximizing revenue opportunities and exceeding the set targets.
* Collaborate closely with the sales team to ensure they are effectively managing their accounts and maximizing opportunities. Focus on new business opportunities whilst maintaining the existing accounts.
* Plan and execute a series of familiarization tours to profile the Hotel and engage with customers for corporate companies' decision makers, travel agents, airline associate, tour operators, convention organizers, meeting planners, incentive operators and other industry personnel.
* Develop and refine a comprehensive mailing list/database for clients and in conjunction with the Marketing Communications Manager maintain a regular communication to this database on the hotel offers to encourage new and repeat business.
* Assist in maintaining a strong team performance, by regularly reviewing KPI's and goals against performance and realigning strategies according to results.
* Maintain regular contact with the FRHI Sales Organization offices and ensure they are copied on new business leads to assist in closing.
* Develop and supervise all sales activities.