Notice on Solicitation for Proposal for Hainan Free Trade Port Logo Design
The construction of Hainan Free Trade Port (Hainan FTP) is a major reform and opening up initiative that General Secretary Xi Jinping planned, deployed and promoted in person. It’s also a strategic decision made by the CPC Central Committee based on the big picture of China and the world by means of in-depth research, overall consideration, and scientific planning.
With a view to better promoting Hainan FTP, building up its unique brand image, and forming its impressive visual identity, the Office of the Free Trade Port Working Committee of the CPC Hainan Provincial Committee (hereinafter referred to as “the Office”), is now open to proposals for Hainan FTP logo design submitted by the public. Related information is announced as follows:
Proposal for Hainan FTP Logo Design
(1) Showcasing the Hainan FTP’s distinctive features. The logo shall fully demonstrate Hainan’s strategic position as the one and only free trade port with distinctive Chinese features, a pilot zone for furthering all-round reform and opening up, a national pilot zone for ecological conservation, an international tourism and consumption destination and a service zone for implementing China’s major strategies, as well as Hainan’s exclusive geographical features.
(2) Highlighting spirit and connotation. The logo shall be very creative, artistically contagious, and symbolic with unique form. It shall fully showcase the Hainan FTP’s reform, innovation, opening-up, freedom and convenience, and emphasize its spirit of courage, endeavor, pioneering and commitment.
(3) Easy to disseminate and publicize. The logo shall be creative, simple, solemn, elegant, highly recognizable and impactful so that it may be fully integrated into publicity, investment promotion, convention & exhibition, and production of derivatives.
(4) Originality. The logo must be original and free from any infringement of third-party rights. Entries shall not include any information related to the creators. In case of any infringement dispute, the creator shall be held accountable, and disqualified from the solicitation.
(5) Legitimacy. The logo shall not include any content against the constitution, laws and regulations.
(1) Scope. The solicitation is open to all domestic and foreign design companies, teams and individuals.
(2) Requirements. The proposal shall include drawings and creative ideas and concepts of the design. Entries shall be submitted with hard and soft copies. As for specification, the hard copy shall include a colored printout or drawing in duplicate, and creative ideas and concepts on A4 in duplicate; the soft copy shall include an editable drawing in AI/CDR/PSD format (resolution: 300 pixels/inch) or JPG (min file size: 200MB).
(3) Submission. Hard copies shall be mailed with remarks of “logo design proposal” on the back of the envelope while soft copies shall be sent via e-mail to the designated e-mail address.
Correspondence address: Wang Xi, Office of the Free Trade Port Working Committee of the CPC Hainan Provincial Committee, Room 102, Building No. 12, No. 69, Guoxing Avenue, Haikou City, Hainan Province, 570203, China
(4) Miscellaneous. Companies or individuals may submit one or more proposals. Each proposal shall include an Application Form, and a Letter of Undertaking for Originality downloaded from the official WeChat account “Hainan FTP” or the official website (http://en.hnftp.gov.cn/) of Hainan FTP. In the event of multiple creators, the documents listed above shall be signed by all the creators; as for entries submitted by entities, the documents shall be signed by the person in charge or the authorized representative and stamped with the entity’s seal.
It’s now open and accepting entries until 24:00, October 31, 2020 (GMT+08:00). Hard copies will be accepted in line with the timestamp of mailing while soft copies in line with the time of sending. No proposals sent after the deadline will be accepted.
V. Selection and Review
(1) Shortlisting. At the beginning of November 2020, the Office will organize a jury to shortlist 15 entries.
(2) Review. By the end of November 2020, the public will be invited to vote 6 out of 15 entries via the official WeChat account “Hainan FTP”, media outlets and online. The jury will then review and name one Merit Award and five Nomination Award winners.
(3) Disclosure. The list of winners will be disclosed by the Office to the public.
(4) Official announcement. The winning proposal will be announced in December 2020.
The office will award the winner and honorable mentions with prizes and certificates of merit. Specifically, the Merit Award winner will be awarded with RMB 50,000 (tax incl.); each of the five Nomination Award winners will be awarded with RMB 10,000 (tax incl.)
(1) The copyright of all the winning proposals shall be owned by the Office, including but is not limited to redesign, registration, display, publication and other forms of publicity of the proposals.
(2) The organizer does not assume any responsibility for any loss or damage of proposals due to postal delay, postal loss or damage, wrong delivery, insufficient postage, theft or other reasons incurred by other than the organizer. Besides, since hard and soft copies accepted won’t be returned, please save original copies by yourself.
(3) The Office reserves the right to final interpretation of the solicitation.
Office of the Free Trade Port Working Committee of the CPC Hainan Provincial Committee
August 31, 2020
Tropicalhainan.com launched it’s official mini programme and WeChat account, scan the Qr code to keep up to date with news, sports, entertainment, travel, opinion and more.