Notice on Further Strengthening of COVID-19 Prevention and Control for Persons Entering Haikou from Overseas
Currently, COVID-19 is spreading rapidly in many foreign countries. To prevent the spread, reduce the number of imported cases and protect the health and safety of citizens and people entering Haikou from abroad, the following notifications are hereby issued:
1) Treating all people equally
All people returning to Haikou from overseas (including foreigners and Chinese citizens entering or returning to Haikou from overseas) should abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China and relevant requirements of the Hainan Provincial and Haikou Municipal Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters, and should understand and cooperate with all measures taken by Haikou City in this regard.
From 7 a.m. on March 16th, all persons arriving at Haikou from overseas or transferring via other Chinese provinces and cities to Haikou from foreign countries are required to report their condition to the district level Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters at their destination.
When arriving at Haikou, they are required to cooperate with airport staff, and those of ports and stations to fill in personal information truthfully, accept health test and apply for a Hainan health code.
2) Stick to centralized isolation and treatment
For passengers who arrive at Haikou city to transfer to other provinces and cities (except Beijing), if they have medical symptoms, they shall be transferred to designated medical institutions or be subject to centralized medical observation; if they have no medical symptoms, they shall be escorted by designated vehicles to their transfer points, (excluding those who have traveled or lived in key epidemic areas within the last 14 days).
From 7 a.m. on March 16th, all persons arriving at Haikou from overseas or transferring via other provinces and cities to Haikou from foreign countries, with a history of living in (or have visited) epidemic areas within the last 14 days will be transferred to a Health Service Management Center designated by the Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters for 14-day centralized medical observation.
During the period of centralized medical observation, all expenses shall be borne by oneself. The Health Service Management Center designated by the Headquarters will have different prices according to the reception standards.
It will generally range from 500 yuan to 800 yuan per day, subject to the actual consumption of the guest.
For those who request to carry out self-monitored home isolation under special circumstances, home isolation measure can be taken after an evaluation from the Municipal Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters and the approval of the Provincial Headquarters. During the period of home isolation, the relevant medical prevention and control requirements shall be strictly followed.
For those with symptoms such as respiratory disease, fever, chills, fatigue, diarrhea and conjunctive congestion, please go to the designated hospital immediately for diagnosis and treatment.
For those who do not have basic domestic medical insurance, the medical expenses shall be borne by themselves in principle. In case of imported cases, the medical expenses shall be paid in accordance with the relevant state regulations.
3) Strictly implemented reporting system.
(1) All levels of governmental departments, enterprises and institutions in the city must strictly carry out their responsibilities, comprehensively investigate and record the inbound travel history of their staff, immediate family members and co-residents, and report this information to the Municipal Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters 24 hours before they enter the city. (The report includes: basic information of person, entry time, port of entry, history of overseas residence and travel, transport means for entering the city, residence in the city, contact number and other relevant information, the same below.)
(2) Organizations that invite, receive or employ overseas personnel shall report to the Municipal Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters 48 hours before they enter the city, and carry out the whole process of management and service responsibility in accordance with the principle of “Whoever receives is responsible”.
(3) Hotels, guesthouses, homestays, house renters etc. must strictly manage the registration of accommodation, and inquire in detail about the recent overseas travel history of the person. Once inbound visitors are identified, their information shall be immediately reported to the local Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters instead of being checked in.
(4) We will strengthen group prevention and control efforts of overseas imported cases and strictly carry out the responsibility of community management, organizational and individual prevention and control. All communities (villages and residences) should implement grid service management measures, and report the investigation data to the local Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters before 17:00 every day.
The general public shall be encouraged to report to the city or district Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters if they find that inbound persons have not taken the initiative to report as required or their community or organization has not reported in time.Strictly and legally strengthen accountability.
For those who arrive at Haikou from overseas, their relevant organizations shall take the initiative to truthfully report related information. Any person or organization delaying, omitting, concealing, or misinterpreting, relevant facts which result in adverse effects and consequences for the epidemic prevention and control shall be held liable in accordance with the law and regulations.
4) 24-hour hot-line service.
Haikou has opened a 24-hour service hot-line to provide consulting services for people entering Haikou from overseas.
If necessary, please call:
Government service hot-line: 12345;
Municipal Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters: 0898-68701038;
Xiuying District Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters: 0898-68663106;
Longhua District Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters: 0898-68954321;
Qiongshan District Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters: 0898-65915055;
Meilan District Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters: 0898-65332354.
Haikou COVID-19 Prevention and Control Headquarters
March 16th, 2020
Related article: A Message to Visitors to Hainan from Outside Mainland China
Tropicalhainan.com launched it’s official WeChat account, scan the Qr code to keep up to date with news, sports, entertainment, travel, opinion and more.