Area9 Lyceum is a Danish EdTech company that is the global leader within adaptive learning. The company is developing and changing at a rapid pace and looking to expand in China. Therefore, we are looking for a Learning Engineer to deliver a truly personalized learning experience online in China to further grow the Area9 Lyceum’s products for corporate training. You will be working closely with the team based in Shanghai and our head office in Denmark as well as global units to create impactful online learning for our clients using our adaptive platform. You need to have passion for learning and high-performance mindset. In Area9 Lyceum, we have a team-based culture with employee participation on all levels. We believe close cooperation across business units results in better outcomes and better solutions for our customers.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Converse with business leaders and subject matter experts in their language
· Clearly understand and transform clients’ business objectives
· Translate business needs into performance outcomes using root-cause analysis and critical thinking
· Use adult-learning-focused instructional design to develop impactful learning experiences in our adaptive platform
· Manage projects end-to-end and deliver outstanding customer results.
· You’ll re-engineer existing courses or design new courses to meet clients’ needs. Adaptive learning works best with excellent learning objectives - you’ll need to translate business outcomes to learning outcomes
· Bachelor’s degree and above with 3 years of experience. Degree within engineering is preferred.
· Experience with exam writing, certification test development or psychometrics would be an advantage.
· Instructional design skills (Andragogy), Teaching experience is an advantage
· Project management skills: This is not a project manager position, but you need to be able to monitor progress on many courses and manage deadlines; ensure each one of them is of the highest quality and developed cost- effectively.
· Comfortable with enterprise software and productivity tools like the Microsoft Office® suite, Gmail, and Skype. Familiarity with authoring tools like Articulate Storyline 360® or Adobe Captivate® is not necessary, but useful.
· Familiarity with enterprise learning management systems (e.g., Saba, Cornerstone, SumTotal) is desirable.
· Familiarity with basic video, audio and image editing tools and processes.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills in Chinese and English
· Listening and analytical skills: You’ll need excellent communication skills to tease out the real business needs, and critical thinking and decision making to figure out what’s important.
· Self-starter with an ability to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines.
· Dependable and persistent, to see projects through to completion
· Comfortable with ambiguity and knowing when to ask for help
Area9 Lyceum builds 21st century skills and competencies through the world’s first four-dimensional learning platform, Area9 Rhapsode™. Based on more than 20 years of research into human factors and cognition, our AI-based platform delivers truly personalized learning at scale - cutting training time in half, guaranteeing proficiency, and making lasting impacts on careers and business outcomes. Learn more from: www.area9lyceum.com.