On June 23, 2020, the “Notice on the Individual Income Tax Policy for High-end Talents in Shortage in the Hainan Free Trade Port” was issued by the State Administration of Taxation of the Ministry of Finance.
The article stated that “for high-end talents and talents in short supply who work in the Hainan Free Trade Port, the portion of the actual personal income tax burden exceeding 15% will be exempted.”
There are conditions
The first is to pay social insurance for more than 6 months (including December of this year) and sign labour contracts or employment agreements for more than 1 year and other labour relationship certification materials.
For overseas talents who are unable to pay social security, they can provide proof of labour relations for more than one year.
The second is talents must be recognized by the talent management department or those with income in a tax year of more than 300,000 yuan.
The third is to comply with the catalogue of shortage of talents in Hainan Free Trade Port industries. The catalogue is published and dynamically adjusted by the provincial talent department, including talents in government agencies, institutions and legal institutions.
In accordance with the “Overall Plan for the Construction of the Hainan Free Trade Port” and the “Notice of the Ministry of Finance on the Individual Income Tax Policy of the Hainan Free Trade Port for High-end Talents in Shortage” ( No. 32), to implement the Hainan Free Trade Port These measures are formulated for the preferential individual income tax policies for high-end talents and talents in short supply.
Hainan Province implements a list management system for high-end talents and talents in short supply who can enjoy preferential policies.
High-end talents and talents in short supply who enjoy the preferential policies for individual income tax must work in the Hainan Free Trade Port and continuously pay basic pension insurance and other social insurance for more than 6 months in the Hainan Free Trade Port within one tax year (must include the month of December of the current year) ), and have signed labour contracts or employment agreements and other labour relationship certification materials with enterprises or units registered and substantively operating in Hainan Free Trade Port.
Overseas high-end talents and overseas talents who are in short supply who cannot pay social insurance must provide labour relationship certification materials such as labour contracts or employment agreements signed with enterprises or units registered and substantively operating in Hainan Free Trade Port.
High-end talents who enjoy preferential individual income tax policies shall meet one of the following conditions while meeting the provisions of Article 3:
(1) Belonging to talents recognized by the talent management departments at all levels in Hainan Province.
(2) Their income from employment in the Hainan Free Trade Port in one tax year reaches more than 300,000 yuan (Hainan Province implements dynamic adjustments according to the economic and social development status).
Talents in short supply who enjoy the preferential policies of individual income tax shall not only meet the requirements of Article 3, but also meet the scope of the catalogue of demand for talents in the Hainan Free Trade Port industry.
The talent management department of Hainan Province is responsible for publishing the catalogue of the talent demand in the Hainan Free Trade Port industry and updating it in due course.
The talent management department of Hainan Province, in conjunction with relevant departments, shall regularly submit the list of high-end talents and talents in short supply who enjoy the preferential policies of individual income tax to the taxation department of Hainan Province in accordance with the provisions of these Measures.
The Hainan Provincial Taxation Department may also temporarily propose to determine high-end talents and talents in short supply according to needs, and the Hainan Provincial Talent Management Department should cooperate.
Those who are determined to be high-end talents and talents in short supply will enjoy preferential tax policies in the year. Those who no longer meet the requirements of high-end talents and those in short supply shall not enjoy preferential tax policies that year.
Persons who are listed as targets of joint punishment for dishonesty in accordance with the law shall not enjoy the preferential individual income tax policies.
Relying on Hainan’s social management information platform, Hainan’s talent management department, social security, taxation and other departments should strengthen the supervision during and after the event, conduct random inspections of the tax preferences of high-end talents and talents in short supply, and carry out risks based on the results of the checks, assessment and risk response work.
Where there are disagreements or disputes about talents enjoying preferential tax policies, the talent management departments at all levels in Hainan Province shall take the lead in coordinating and solving them. If there are disagreements or disputes about whether the enterprises or units to which the talents belong to carry out substantive operations in the Hainan Free Trade Port, the Hainan Provincial Market Supervision and Administration Department shall lead the coordination and settlement.
The Talent Development Bureau of the CPC Hainan Provincial Committee, the Hainan Provincial Department of Finance, and the Hainan Provincial Taxation Bureau of the State Administration of Taxation shall formulate specific implementation regulations in conjunction with these Measures.
These Measures shall be implemented from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2024.
Demand for Talents Catalogue for the Hainan Free Trade Port (2020 Edition)
1. Tourism industry technical backbone and management talents, including tourism strategy research talents, tourism industry research talents, tourism market research talents, tourism service and management talents, tourism resource development and utilization talents, scenic spot development and management talents, and tourism innovation talents , Travel agency management talents, hotel management talents, catering management and service talents, exhibition planning and management talents, tourism information management and analysis talents, super tour guides, hotel senior trainers, etc.
2. Modern service industry technical backbone and management talents, including strategic research talents, business negotiation talents, international trade relief talents, business legal talents, translation talents, food engineers, industrial planning and analysis talents, economic analysis and product analysis talents, Market operation and monitoring talents; foreign-related notarization talents, forensic talents, forensic identification talents, forensic identification industry environmental damage talents, international commercial arbitration talents; management consulting talents, investment promotion professional service talents, marketing management talents, etc.
3. High-tech industry technical backbone and management talents, including high-end manufacturing R&D and manufacturing talents, ship R&D design and manufacturing talents, marine engineering R&D design and manufacturing talents, automotive R&D design and manufacturing talents, environmental protection engineers, petrochemical engineers, energy-saving and emission-reduction project operations Talents, pollution prevention and treatment professionals, process research engineers, laboratory analysts, senior software test engineers, automation equipment engineers, digital integrated circuit design engineers, new energy development and utilization and project operation talents, etc.
4. Technical backbone and management talents in the agricultural field, including seed management talents, system development and promotion talents, seed industry achievements promotion and application talents, animal and plant genetic breeding talents, germplasm resources development and research talents, planting and breeding processing talents, project planning talents , Nanfan construction and operation personnel, etc.
5. Technical backbone and management personnel in the medical field, including R&D project leaders, drug R&D personnel, drug quality researchers, drug synthesis technicians, animal experiment researchers, organic synthesis researchers, pharmacological analysts, pathological diagnosis personnel, and clinical research leaders , Clinical laboratory personnel, clinical laboratory (CRO) personnel, drug testing personnel, senior medical device technical consultants, pharmaceutical logistics management personnel, strategic purchasing managers, pharmaceutical retail management personnel, licensed doctors, licensed pharmacists, rehabilitation specialists, etc.
6. Skills and technical backbones and management talents in the education field, including scientific research team members, teachers, researchers, education management talents, cooperative school project management talents, etc.
7. Technical backbone and management talents for employment and entrepreneurship in the sports field, including sports industry management talents, project event operation and development talents, sports project management and promotion talents, sports coaches, event project managers, event executives, and overseas event BD talents.
8. Technical backbone and management talents in the field of telecommunications, including information technology consultants, electronic engineers, chip design engineers, chip design architects, weak current intelligent designers, surface treatment engineers, patch technology (SMT) engineers, printed circuit boards Layout (PCB Layout) engineers, vacuum coating engineers, industrial (IE) engineers, process (PE) engineers, new product introduction (NPI) engineers, radio frequency (RF) engineers, telecommunications designers, communication professional technical personnel, etc.
9. Technical backbone and management talents in the Internet field, including management talents, product (project) managers, software engineers, hardware engineers, big data analysis engineers, big data processing and application personnel, spatial information and digital technicians, interface design (UI ) Division, WEB front-end development engineer, multimedia (game) development engineer, algorithm engineer, system architecture engineer, network security engineer, mobile development engineer, operation and maintenance engineer, information security engineer, communication professional technician, computer-aided design (CAD) research and development Engineers, computer-aided engineering (CAE) R&D engineers, digital media technicians, intelligent science and technology personnel, etc.
10. Technical backbone and management talents in the cultural field, including cultural and sports project management talents, document development talents, document acquisition and editing talents, archaeological professionals, cultural relic identification talents, cultural relic protection talents, cultural relic restoration talents, display missionary talents, and cultural relics collection materials Management talents, screenwriters, directors, composers, conductors, performers, stage design talents, stage technicians, literary painting and sculpture creation talents, news editing and broadcasting talents, cultural art curatorial talents, animation design creation talents, advertising designers, graphic design Professionals, new media operation talents, auctioneers, etc.
11. Technical backbone and management personnel in the maintenance field, including automobile maintenance personnel, ship maintenance personnel, aviation maintenance personnel, and medical equipment maintenance personnel.
12. Technical backbone and management talents in the financial field, including financial management talents, strategic research talents, industry research talents, market research talents, technology financial talents, fund managers, investment banking talents, credit approval talents, fixed-income foreign exchange commodities ( FICC) talents, exchange investment talents, industrial investment consulting talents, insurance actuarial talents, supply chain finance business talents, shipping finance business talents, offshore financial business talents, cross-border financial talents, cross-border international trade financing talents, green finance talents , Cultural and financial talents, Internet finance talents, entrepreneurial financial talents, wealth management talents, financial product research and development talents, financial public relations talents, financial data analysis talents, financial legal talents, financial accounting talents, financial auditing talents, financial supervision talents, guarantee business talents , Factoring talents, insurance asset management talents, reinsurance business talents, underwriting and claim settlement talents, financial leasing talents, credit evaluation talents, compliance and anti-money laundering talents, risk management talents, etc.
13. Skilled and technical backbones and management talents in the shipping field, including port civil engineering project managers, port and waterway planning and construction operations talents, shipping management talents, ship service talents, foreign-related port salesmen, foreign-related legal specialists, and port site instructors (dispatchers, Central controllers, planners), foreign affairs representatives, registered surveyors, crew members (including crew members, fishery crew members), pilots, aviation personnel qualified personnel (aircrew and ground personnel, including foreign pilots, navigators, Flight mechanics, flight communicators, aviation safety officers, civil aviation telecommunications personnel, aeronautical information personnel, meteorological personnel, flight attendants, etc.), thruster research and development personnel, satellite navigation development personnel, aerodynamic design engineers, modeling calculation engineers, aerospace information Technologists, etc.
14. Logistics enterprise management personnel, logistics industry research personnel, logistics project development personnel, logistics park distribution center planning and design personnel, logistics planning engineers, supply chain specialists, international purchasing managers, international freight forwarding managers, customs specialists; construction planning projects Management talents, architectural design and research talents, urban and rural planning and research talents, landscape architecture design and research talents; offshore oil and gas engineering tracking management talents, offshore oil and gas resource evaluation talents, offshore oil and gas exploration talents, offshore oil and gas geological evaluation talents; research statistics Talents, analytical statistics professionals, legal statistics professionals, etc.
15. The talents of Hainan Province government agencies and institutions, as well as statutory agencies and social organizations hire talents.
16. in line with “foreigners to work in Hainan license management services Interim Measures,” the relevant standard registration other foreign personnel (C category).
17. Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan talents practicing in Hainan Free Trade Port.
18. Skills and technical backbones and management talents urgently needed in other non-restricted access industries in Hainan.
Q: In Hainan Free Trade Port, who can enjoy the 15% personal income tax preferential policy?
A: In Hainan Free Trade Port, qualified domestic and overseas high-end talents and talents in short supply are applicable to 15% tax incentives.
Q: What kind of personal income can enjoy the above preferential policies?
A: Including comprehensive income derived from the Hainan Free Trade Port , operating income, and talent subsidy income recognized by Hainan Province .
Comprehensive income includes wages and salaries, labour remuneration, author’s remuneration, and royalties. Business income refers to income obtained by individuals and individual industrial and commercial households from their production and business activities.
Q: How can high-end talents and talents in short supply enjoy this policy?
A: Work in the Hainan Free Trade Port , and have signed a labour contract or employment agreement for more than one year with a company or unit registered and substantively operating in the Hainan Free Trade Port .
At the same time, social insurance must be paid continuously for more than 6 months at the Hainan Free Trade Port in a tax year (including December of the current year). This article does not include foreign talents who cannot pay social insurance.
Q: How much annual income can enjoy this preferential policy?
A: After calculation, the taxable income of comprehensive income is about 319,000 yuan , and the taxable income of operating income is about 210,000 yuan.
The taxable income of comprehensive income is the balance of the income of each tax year minus 60,000 yuan of expenses, special deductions, special additional deductions, and other deductions determined by law.
The taxable income of business income is the balance after deducting costs, expenses and losses from the total income of each tax year.
Q: When can qualified high-end talents and talents in short supply enjoy this policy?
A: This policy has been implemented since January 1, 2020. Eligible high-end talents and talents in short supply enjoy the above preferential policies when the annual personal income tax settlement and payment in Hainan Province are processed. At that time, the actual tax burden exceeding 15% will be refunded.
Q: The specific scope of high-end talents?
A: Meet one of the following conditions:
1. Talents recognized by the talent management departments at all levels in Hainan Province.
2. The income from Hainan Free Trade Port in one tax year reaches more than RMB 300,000.
Q: The specific scope of the shortage of talents?
A: It is in line with the catalogue of the shortage of talents in the Hainan Free Trade Port industry (the catalogue is published and will be dynamically adjusted in due course).
Mainly includes the following five categories:
1. The three major industries of tourism, modern service industry, high-tech industry and tropical high-efficiency agricultural seed industry, medical care, education, sports, telecommunications, Internet, culture, maintenance, finance, shipping and other key fields of technical backbone and management personnel;
2. The talents of Hainan Province government agencies and institutions, as well as statutory agencies and social organizations hire talents;
3. Foreign talents who meet the relevant standards of the “Interim Measures for the Administration of Work Permits for Foreigners to Hainan”
4. Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan talents who practice in Hainan Free Trade Port;
5. Technical backbones and management talents urgently needed in other non-restricted access industries in Hainan.
Q: What should I do if I have objections or disputes over whether I can enjoy the policy?
A: If there are disagreements or disputes with respect to the talents who enjoy the preferential tax policies, the talent management departments at all levels in Hainan Province shall lead the coordination and settlement. If there are disagreements or disputes about whether the enterprises or units to which the talents belong to carry out substantive operations in the Hainan Free Trade Port, the Hainan Provincial Market Supervision and Administration Department shall lead the coordination and settlement.
If you still have a tax question, please call the 12366 tax service hotline.
Tropicalhainan.com launched it’s official mini programme and WeChat account, scan the Qr code to keep up to date with news, sports, entertainment, travel, opinion and more.