As of 24:00 hrs on the night of August 1st, Haikou City had collected 6,207 nucleic acid test samples. At 8:00 on August 2nd, 3,954 nucleic acid test results have been confirmed negative.
August 1st 11:45pm a press conference was held to release information on the Mrs Hu case in Nanbao Garden, Haikou and the prevention and control of COVID-19 in Haikou City.
In the early morning of August 1st, 2021, Mrs Hu from Nanbao Garden, Jinpan, Longhua District, Haikou City, tested positive for the nucleic acid of the new coronavirus, and was immediately transferred to a designated hospital for isolation and treatment.
Since testing positive it is understood that Mrs Hu is a patient with mild new coronary pneumonia.
A total of 139 people have tested negative for nucleic acid from Nanbao Gardens.
Mrs Hu had a history of hyperthyroidism and wasn’t vaccinated against COVID-19.
The close contacts of the confirmed case include 3 children and parents in law which all tested negative.
The residential area of Nanbao Garden is now listed as a medium risk community.
Currently, Haikou City has collected 6,207 nucleic acid test samples.
According to the latest updates, disinfection and lockdown of the places and activity locations contacted by patients are being carried out.
At present, Longhua District has adopted closed control measures for: Nanbao Garden, Jincheng, Nongken, Chuangye New Village and Toupu Vegetable Market.
These places were involved in the activity track of confirmed cases, with a total of 3,090 people.
A spokesperson for the Haikou Municipal Government announced relevant issues related to the confirmed patients’ participation in the “Juvenile Commando” military summer camp which took place on July 29.
Haikou City has contacted the organizer of the “Juvenile Commando” military summer camp to inform relevant personnel to increase personal protection to reduce the potential risk of epidemic spread.
Immediately report to the local prevention and control work headquarters or disease control agency, and go to the designated hotel for isolation and observation.
At present, Haikou City has prepared 6 hotels to isolate, and has designated the Fourth People’s Hospital, Provincial People’s Hospital and Municipal People’s Hospital as isolation hospitals.
Lin Chunyan, Deputy Director of Haikou Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported that at present, 7 locations in Haikou have carried out nucleic acid testing and sampling.
- Hu’s residence in Nanbao Garden: After visiting the house, 139 people were sampled, and all nucleic acid testing and sampling have been completed.
- The Jinguang Building community adjacent to the patient: a total of 210 people were sampled and all nucleic acid testing samples have been completed.
- The second farming community where Hu’s mother-in-law lives: a total of 944 people were sampled and all nucleic acid testing samples have been completed.
- Chuangye Xincun Community: A total of 1074 people were sampled and all nucleic acid testing samples have been completed.
- Jincheng Yipin Community: 431 people have been sampled and all nucleic acid testing samples have been completed.
- Toupu Vegetable Market: 502 people have been sampled and all nucleic acid testing samples have been completed.
- Post dormitory near the Toupu vegetable market: 204 people have been sampled and all nucleic acid testing samples have been completed.
Up to now, 6,207 samples have been collected.
Mr Lin Chunyan also stated that “based on the results of nucleic acid testing, we plan to expand the sampling range of nucleic acid testing to detect and control infected persons in a timely manner”.
Haikou has adopted closed control measures for the four communities of Nanbao Garden, Jincheng , Nongken, Chuangye New Village, and Toupu Vegetable Market which were involved in the activity track of confirmed cases, involving 3,090 people.
Related article: Announcement from the Education Department of Haikou City