Recently, under the leadership of the central government and with massive support from the international community, people in Hainan have been fighting against the COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) epidemic along with people nationwide. Our vigorous efforts have delivered positive results. As of March 3rd, 2020, Hainan has seen 13 consecutive days without new confirmed or suspected cases.
It’s clear that the world still faces a serious challenge in fighting against COVID-19. Confirmed and suspected cases are increasing rapidly in some countries and regions, demonstrating a growing spread momentum. Some countries have raised the outbreak alert to the highest level. The risks of cross-border spread have drawn global concern.
A common enemy of all peoples, COVID-19 requires our concerted efforts for its prevention and control. While maintaining strong measures itself, Hainan will facilitate information sharing and joint prevention and control with other countries and regions concerned, as well as providing assistance within its capacity. Hainan will make contributions and collaborate with the international community to take necessary measures to eliminate cross-border spread risks to win this epidemic battle and get international personnel exchanges back to normal as soon as possible.
Accordingly, we’d like to offer a special reminder to people outside China’s mainland who plan to visit Hainan shortly:
1. According to Hainan’s regulations related to epidemic control, all visitors from outside the mainland must truthfully complete the Entry/Exit Health Declaration Form when entering Hainan and report to customs their identity information, residence in Hainan, contact numbers, travel purpose, and health-related information (including personal health status, travel and residence history in the affected countries/regions over the previous 14 days, exposure to COVID-19 patients or patients with fever or respiratory symptoms).
2. Related departments of the Hainan Provincial People’s Government will continue to pay close attention to the latest developments of the epidemic worldwide and arrivals entering Hainan. If necessary, health evaluation and management services will be provided according to regulations on differentiated prevention and control that depends on the epidemic severity of different places. Corresponding measures will treat both Chinese and foreigners equally. With our care for your health, we hope incoming visitors cooperate and understand the measures.
3. Please take care of yourself by minimizing outdoor activities, avoiding crowded places, and have neither gatherings nor meals together. When going out, it’s a must to wear a face mask properly and discard used masks in the required manner. Maintain a good hygiene with special care for hand and mouth cleanliness. Avoid exposure to wildlife and birds. Meat and eggs can only be eaten when thoroughly cooked.
Please pay close attention to the notices released in Hainan on the epidemic prevention and control. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and support for our control measures. We stand ready to provide dedicated services to friends coming from afar and to help you overcome difficulties and problems in this process. Any problems during your stay in Hainan, please contact:
1. Foreign Affairs Office of Hainan Province
Contact numbers: 0898-65238116, 13518863232
2. Foreign Affairs Office of Haikou City
Contact numbers: 0898-68720231, 13976181801
3. Foreign Affairs Office of Sanya City
Contact numbers: 0898-88292438, 13876669487
If you’ve got any symptoms of fever, cough, chest tightness, fatigue, etc., please wear a face mask and go to one of the following designated medical facilities for diagnosis and treatment:
Hainan General Hospital (Chinese characters and pronunciation: 海南省人民医院, Hainan Sheng Renmin Yiyuan); Contact number: 0898-68642548
Haikou People’s Hospital (Chinese characters and pronunciation: 海口市人民医院, Haikou Shi Renmin Yiyuan); Contact numbers: 0898-66151100 or 66151200
Sanya Central Hospital (Chinese characters and pronunciation: 三亚中心医院, Sanya Zhongxin Yiyuan); Contact numbers: 0898-38226026 or 88290120
Hainan COVID-19 Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters
March 4, 2020
Related article: How to register for the health QR code
Tropicalhainan.com launched it’s official WeChat account, scan the Qr code to keep up to date with news, sports, entertainment, travel, opinion and more.