At present, the solutions for foreigners in Haikou who cannot apply for health codes through Alipay are as follows:
Foreigners with work visas and their family members can apply through the Haikou Foreign Experts Bureau.
Those with other visas can apply through the Haikou Foreign Affairs Office.
1. Foreigners and their family members who hold a foreigner’s work permit in China can contact the Foreign Experts Bureau of Haikou City to apply.
Send application materials and information about yourself and/or your family members to the email address: email@example.com. If you have any questions or need to speak to someone, please call: 0898-68720177.
2. Work Permit in China;
3. Residence Permit
Application information must include: name, gender, mobile phone number, date of birth, nationality, passport number, and passport validity period.
If applying for family members, provide scanned copies of family members’ passports and residence permits and information such as name, gender, mobile phone number, date of birth, nationality, passport number, and passport validity period.
2. Non-working foreigners can contact the Foreign Affairs Office of Haikou City. Please provide photos (colour and clear) of the following materials and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or need to speak to someone, please call: 0898-68720179.
1. Hainan Health Code Application Form and Letter of Commitment (necessary), apply for both at email@example.com;
2. Passport (required);
3. A recent photo of yourself holding your passport (both you and your passport details must be clearly visible in the photo);
4. Copy of residence permit (required);
5. Proof of relationship, such as birth certificate (not applicable to foreign children).
Related article: Universities delay fall semester amid COIVD-19 and high temperatures
If you would like to make a comment, compliment or complaint about any aspect of living or working in Hainan Island, we’d love to hear from you. We pass all communications on to the relevant services. Please keep it polite and to the point.